10.24.2010

we found biscuits!

other than from the bisquick box.  waaaahoooo!  We used a recipe from Gluten Free Mama's new cookbook, In The Kitchen With Gluten Free Mama

I have found that when I roll out dough with the rolling pin on wax/parchment paper, I almost always roll it too thin.  This recipe calls for 3/4 of an inch and now I know why.  It will barely rise - which is fine, but not when you roll it to 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch.  I think I need a ruler in the kitchen.  It was my own error on this part of it - but they were still very tasty! 

What is even better, Sugar could have these.  No sugar or honey was called for and that was an added plus! 

So far, the recipes I have tried that Gluten Free Mama has provided in her cookbooks have been a hit in our family!  I have even substituted the featherlight mix in some of the cookie recipes when I have run out of her own blends.  Still good.  These mixes will become a staple in our home!

thank you thank you thank you!

No comments: