10.20.2010

YUM!

We traveled to Danville, Cali this last week for a family member's wedding.  What fun!  As I was walking around trying to find a place to get my eyebrows waxed (the things we do for beauty...), Mister and Sugar walked around browsing all the cute shops in the downtown area. 

As he looked up....he saw a sign that said Miglet's gluten-free Cupcake Shop.  He was like...sweet (no pun intended)!  Went in and bought a sample pack of 12 mini cupcakes.  I believe it had red velvet, lemon blueberry, funfetti, coconut, and chocolate.  My fave the red velvet - they were sooooooooooooo delicious!!!  Cole's fave....all but the coconut.  So two thumbs up from him.  Too bad they are 12 hours away :( 

I am glad to see that there are more and more bakeries, stores, and restaurants catering to the needs of the GF group - but there is still so much more to go. 

Thank you, Katie Taylor (owner of Miglet's) for seeing a need and pushing ahead with your business to see that we start!  Very much a yummy treat!

2 comments:

Carla Spacher said...

Ooo! A GF cupcake shop in the SF Bay Area. Next time I'm there I'll have to stop in. One of my daughters live in that area. Thanks for the tip. They sound wonderful!

macocha said...

No prob. They also have a pizza place in the same town too. It is thin crust. It was okay...