10.28.2010

white bread hit!

we found one, we found one!  Sugar can even have this one - which is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!  Thank you again, Gluten Free Mama!  It is her Old Fashioned White Bread Recipe!  I even liked it and so did the whole fam!  Normally I wouldn't post this recipe, but because this is a rare one for Sugar to have, I will go ahead and post this one to help out all the other FM folks out there! 


ingredients:
3 cups mama's almond or coconut flour (I used coconut); and I am sure you can use any blend
1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar


1 tbsp yeast
1 1/4 cup warm milk
1/4 cup butter melted
2 eggs
1 tsp cider vinegar I leave this out so Sugar can eat it.


(egg free - use flax method or applesauce for best results)


directions
in mixing bowl, combine flour, xanthan, salt, sugar.  mix to combine.  make a small well in center with finger.  pour yeast into well.  pour warm milk over yeast and allow to sit for 1 minute.


add butter, eggs, and vinegar.  mix on high speed for 2 to 3 minutes. 


spray bread pans with spray.  spread batter evenly into pan(s).  smooth out top with rubber scraper.  make three slashes across top of bread loaf with sharp knife.  cover with dry towel and allow to rise 1 1/2 to 2 hours.  baste with egg white wash if desired.


bake at 400 degrees for one hour.  cover bread the last half hour to prevent over browning. 


If you want to make sandwich rolls:  measure out heaping 1/3 cup portions into six 4 inch cake pans.  smooth out tops with rubber scraper.  rise.  bake at 400 degrees for 28 - 30 minutes.


cool for 30 minutes before slicing.


recipe courtesy of Gluten Free Mama. 

2 comments:

macocha said...

I may have to rethink this. Cider (duh) vinegar is a no-no on fructose mal diet. ~bang head~ darn it.

Have I said I hated this diet before?

wonder how the bread would taste without the cider vinegar....hmmmm

macocha said...

I made this recipe w/o cider vinegar and it was fine!